The 17 scholarship holders were able to:
- Learn new skills in Healthcare clowning;
- Share experiences and lessons learnt back home with their colleagues as well as with other local cultural organizations, achieve a trickle-down effect and act as multipliers in their regional settings;
- Increase their professionalization, strengthen the recognition of clowning as a performative art form in their home countries and contribute to enrich the local artistic and cultural scene;
- Extend their organization’s professional networks and form new
The conference gathered about 400 researchers, medical staff, policy-makers and clown-doctors from 50 countries all over the world who met to foster discussions on professional standards and Best practices, to discuss future developments and challenges of the Healthcare Clowning practice, to increase scientific research and raise awareness
17 Artists and managers of 14 Healthcare clowning organizations from emerging countries (Africa, Asia, Central and Latin America and Middle-East) with limited financial resources.
The 17 scholarships awarded by RED NOSES Clowndoctors International, with the support of Fondation Alta Mane, allowed 14 professional Healthcare Clowning organizations, with limited financial resources and established in emerging countries and/or facing difficult humanitarian emergency situations, to attend the Healthcare Clowning International Meeting 2018. The participation to this conference allowed them to acquire new skills to replicate the art of Clowning in their different countries of origin, for the benefit of thousands of hospitalized children and/or unaccompanied minors on the move and in condition of social vulnerability.
The conference was held on April 4-6, 2018 at the Competence Center for Non-Profit Organizations and Social Entrepreneurship, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
The scholarships included:
- Round trip airfare (basic travel insurance included) ;
- Accommodation for 4 nights;
- Conference fees
- Social event – dinner.
During 3 days, 17 scholarship holders took part in a multiplicity of sessions (totally, 68 workshops, panels and discussion groups moderated by the principal experts and professionals of the field took place) focusing on the following topics:
- The Healthcare Clowning in emergency and humanitarian contexts;
- The professionalization of Healthcare Clowning;
- Healthcare Clowning in society;
- The pillars of Healthcare Clowning;
- The Road Ahead: global challenges and their impact on healthcare clowning networking opportunities for participants.
RED NOSES Clowndoctors International (RNI) is a Non-Profit Charity Organization, functioning as the umbrella organization for one of the largest clown doctor groups in the world. With over 20 years of experience, RNI brings together artistic and scientific expertise in the interface between the performing arts, healthcare and development. For RNI health and culture go hand-in-hand in a partnership that recognizes the right of everyone to enjoy the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health. RNI is active in 790 medical and social facilities in 10 countries: Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Poland, Palestine and Lithuania.