23 hospitals received Fondation Alta Mane support to organize artistic workshops and clown visits for young in-patients affected by serious diseases (tumours, heart conditions, spinal cord injuries, bulimia and anorexia, among others):
- Black Lions Paediatric Hospital in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia);
- Albert Schweitzer Hospital in Lambarène (Gabon);
- WE-ACTx for Hope Clinic in Kigali (Rwanda).
- Switzerland: University Hospitals in Geneva (HUG); Inselspital in Bern; Civic in Lugano; Beata Vergine in Mendrisio; La Carità in Locarno; San Giovanni in Bellinzona; OTAF in Sorengo; Lugano Regional Hospital; and Winterthur Hospital.
- Italy: National Cancer Insitute (IRCCS) in Milan; San Gerardo Hospital in Monza; Pausillipon Hospital and Polyclinic Federico II in Naples; Polyclinic San Donato Milanese in Milan; Polyclinic Umberto I and Bambino Gesù Hospital in Rome; multifunctional centre Spazio Vita connected with the spinal cord unit of the Niguarda Hospital in Milan.
- Turkey: Çapa Hospital in Istanbul and Hacettepe Hospital in Ankara.
In addition, the Foundation supported artistic workshops held at La Casa dei Risvegli (the house of awakenings) at Bellaria Hospital in Bologna, Cascina Rossago in Pavia, Centro Esagramma in Milan and Dynamo Camp Art Factory in Limestre (Italy). The Foundation funded also individual piano, clarinet and solfege classes at the specialized institute Pôle Autisme in Geneva (Switzerland).
The Foundation supported the realization of:
- an art workshop classroom within the multifunctional centre Spazio Vita which is connected to the spinal cord unit of the Niguarda Hospital in Milan (Italy).
- a multifunctional space of 748 m2 where young patients of the paediatric haematology and oncology wards at the Catania Hospital (Italy) and their families will be able to participate in artistic and creative activities.
Spazio Vita – AUS Niguarda, Milan (Italy)