The project in summary
Artistic murals workshops in favor of youths and young people in situation of social exclusion in Nicaragua and Switzerland.
The project in detail
- To provide an art-based training to 1’280 youths and young people at risk of social exclusion living in the municipalities of Bluefields, Kuhkra Hill, Laguna de Perlas and Corn Island through artistic workshops aimed at creating murals with socio-educational message;
- To establish “Mobile Schools of Plastic Art” in 4 municipalities of the Atlantic Cost of Nicaragua;
- To support young people in acquiring self-esteem, coping with their emotions and pacific methods of conflict resolution;
- To raise awareness about human rights, violence against women, sex education, employment, drug addiction and alcoholism among other things.
- 1’280 youths and young people (aged 13-30 years) of different ethnic origins and in situation of social exclusion, living in the municipalities engaged in the project;
- 80 cultural promoters trained by MURALES RACCS (Fundación Movimento para la Unidad Regional del Arte y las Expresiones socioculturales de la Región autónoma Costa Caribe Sud);
- Young people participating to the art-based workshops organized in at least 4 locations in the French Part of Switzerland.
Eirene Suisse is a Swiss NGO that has been working in development cooperation for over 50 years. In 2010 it joined forces with the Groupe Volontaires Outre-Mer (GVOM). Its aim is to strengthen and valorise the social dynamics in developing countries for the promotion of peace and human rights.
Vidéo sur les ateliers de fresques murales à Vernayaz – échange Sud-Nord de Michael Hammond, 2017 :
Canal 9, Des jeunes réalisent une fresque murale à Vernayaz : http://canal9.ch/des-jeunes-realisent-une-fresque-murale-a-vernayaz/