The “Thesaurus” project, which is part of a non-formal educational program developed since 1996 by the Greek Council for Refugees (GCR), aims to:
- Allow minors in migratory situations to express their emotions and their experiences in a creative way, within a safe, protected and child-friendly environment;
- Improve their self-esteem and increase confidence in themselves and in others;
- Strengthen their artistic-creative skills, their relational and socio-communicative skills, thus starting a post-traumatic resilience process.
73 migrant and refugee minors, aged 6-15, have participated in the various creative-artistic and educational activities carried out at the Intercultural Center “PYXIDA”.
Between January-June 2021, the Greek Council for Refugees (GCR) with the support of Alta Mane, has organized the following activities:
- Developed the digital educative platform “Thesaurus Library” where, subsequently, a total of 600 books for children and adolescents, which are part of the “PYXIDA” Center’s book collection (consisting of 1’200 books in total), have been catalogued;
- Organized 6 digital art-education workshops (4 at distance and 2 in presence for a total of 20½ effective hours) during which children, starting from the reading of different books and through different expressive-artistic modes, had the opportunity to reflect on various themes such as, inter alias, identity, journey, talent, ocean pollution, friendship, knowledge and co-existence with the other, and produced various drawings, paintings and padlets, successively featured and shared on the “Thesaurus” platform.