The “Thesaurus” project, which is part of a non-formal educational program developed since 1996 by the Greek Council for Refugees (GCR), aims to:
- Allow minors in migratory situations to express their emotions and their experiences in a creative way, within a safe, protected and child-friendly environment;
- Improve their self-esteem and increase confidence in themselves and in others;
- Strengthen their artistic-creative skills, their relational and socio-communicative skills, thus starting a post-traumatic resilience process.
120 migrant and refugee minors, aged 6-15, who participate in the various creative-artistic and educational activities carried out at the Intercultural Center “PYXIDA”.
In 2021, the Greek Council for Refugees (GCR) with the support of Alta Mane, foresees to organize the following activities:
- Develop a digital platform to catalogue a selection of 600 books for children and adolescents, which are part of the “PYXIDA” Center’s book collection (consisting of 1’200 books in total);
- Organize 12 annual digital art-education workshops during which children, starting from the reading of different books and through different expressive-artistic modes, will create multiple literary and audio-visual texts, drawings and photographs, which will then be digitized and uploaded on the platform;
- Modelization of different Digital Learning activities (quizzes, puzzles, literary bingo, interactive crosswords), developed thanks to the participation of children and aimed at a (re)creative-pedagogical type of teaching.