To create occasions of integration and inclusion through the practice of collective ensemble music. More specifically, the project aims to:
- Help minors on the move start a post-traumatic resilience process through the practice of music, in a protected and safe environment;
- Strengthen (empowerment) their artistic-creative skills, improve their social relationship skills, self-esteem and confidence in themselves.
Expected Beneficiaries during the project period
- 182 students (5-31 ages), of which 140 minors on the move (5-17 ages) participating to music education activities inside the Kipseli núcleo, the Korinthos Conservatory and the Shisto and Korinthos Refugee Sites;
- 180 students (8-26 ages), of which 105 minors on the move (5-17 ages) participating to El Sistema Greece Summer Camp;
- 14 students (13-18 ages), of which 8 on the move, participating to the Young Leaders Programme.
In 2023, El Sistema Greece (ESG), with the support of Alta Mane, intends to develop the following activities:
- Potentiate the music education program inside the Kipseli núcleo in favor of 50 students, of which 34 minors on the move;
- Strengthen the music education program inside the Korinthos Conservatory and extend it inside the Korinthos Refugee Site in favor of 56 students, of which 32 minors on the move;
- Reactivate the music education lessons inside the Shisto Refugee Site in favor of 76 students, of which 73 minors on the move;
- Organize, in Athens, the second edition of El Sistema Greece Summer Camp in favor of 180 students, of which 105 minors on the move;
- Strengthen and continue the Young Leaders Programme in favor of 14 students, of which 8 with a migration background.