The project in summary
Music education and tuition activities for minors on the move and their Greek peers.
The project in detail
To create occasions of integration and inclusion through the practice of collective ensemble music. More specifically, the project aims to:
- Help minors on the move start a post-traumatic resilience process through the practice of music, in a protected and safe environment;
- Strengthen (empowerment) their artistic-creative skills, improve their social relationship skills, self-esteem and confidence in themselves.
Expected Beneficiaries during the project period
- 182 students (5-31 ages), of which 140 minors on the move (5-17 ages) participating to music education activities inside the Kipseli núcleo, the Korinthos Conservatory and the Shisto and Korinthos Refugee Sites;
- 180 students (8-26 ages), of which 105 minors on the move (5-17 ages) participating to El Sistema Greece Summer Camp;
- 14 students (13-18 ages), of which 8 on the move, participating to the Young Leaders Programme.
In 2023, El Sistema Greece (ESG), with the support of Alta Mane, intends to develop the following activities:
- Potentiate the music education program inside the Kipseli núcleo in favor of 50 students, of which 34 minors on the move;
- Strengthen the music education program inside the Korinthos Conservatory and extend it inside the Korinthos Refugee Site in favor of 56 students, of which 32 minors on the move;
- Reactivate the music education lessons inside the Shisto Refugee Site in favor of 76 students, of which 73 minors on the move;
- Organize, in Athens, the second edition of El Sistema Greece Summer Camp in favor of 180 students, of which 105 minors on the move;
- Strengthen and continue the Young Leaders Programme in favor of 14 students, of which 8 with a migration background.