The project will be developed in the schools and community spaces of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in 12 communities of the Oblasts of Donetsk and Luhansk. It aims to implement and replicate the new methodology YOU CREATE in Ukraine to offer arts-based psychosocial support to IDPs (Internally Displaced Person) children and youths dealing with post-traumatic stress disorders, as a consequence of the conflict dramatically started in 2014.
Specifically, this project aims to:
- Improve the psychosocial well-being, build the resilience and strengthen the social cohesion of IDPs children and youths;
- Develop the Capacity Building of the Staff of Terre des hommes (Tdh) in Ukraine for implementing and disseminating the new methodology in other communities affected by the protracted crisis in East Ukraine.
- 23 Adult Allies (professionals in child protection, educators and psychologists), of whom 7 Tdh Staff (25-40 ages);
- 25 Youth Leaders (12-18 ages);
- 95 peer youth participants in youth-lead art projects.
Between July and December 2019 Fondation Terre des hommes, also with Alta Mane support, selected 25 Youth Leaders (of whom 2 officially registered as IDPs) and 23 Adult Allies to implement forthcoming youth-led creative art projects in the Oblasts of Donetsk and Luhansk. In the same period, organized 2 training sessions (5 days each), reaching the 25 Youth Leaders and 16 Adult Allies, to develop the local Capacity Building on the implementation and dissemination of the new methodology “You Create”, as well as to support and train young people to develop youth-led creative art projects. In the same period, 600 have been mobilized and joined 34 weekly group meeting, of whom 95 developed 6 artistic activities, later presented and exhibited in 3 centers for after school activities and 3 school of the Oblast of Donetsk.
Alta Mane supports Fondation Terre des hommes since 2017.