The project “Empowering Youth Refugees and Asylum-Seekers through Arts in Refugee Sites in Mainland Greece” aims to integrate “You Create”, which has proven to be Terre des hommes leading methodology in the field of child protection, within the current MHPSS programme, (Mental Health Psychosocial Support) developed by Tdh since 2016 in migratory and humanitarian emergency contexts, in order to provide psychosocial support and ensure a holistic and integrated protection to unaccompanied minors and migrant youth living in Refugee Sites in Mainland Greece (Attica, Thessaly and Northern Greece). Specifically, the project aims to:
- Strengthen the resilience and improve the psychosocial and mental well-being of unaccompanied minors and migrant and refugee youth;
- Build capacity among Terre des hommes Hellas’ staff for the implementation and dissemination of the methodology and the implementation of self-managed activities among young people in the targeted open accommodation sites in Greece.
- 19 Adult Allies (child protection professionals, educators, psychologists, Tdh Child Protection Field Officers, 18-35 ages);
- 19 Youth Leaders (unaccompanied minors and migrant and refugee youth 15-19 ages);
- 42 young peers (13-19 ages) who have participated in the development and implementation of 3 youth-led art project;
- 100 persons located inside the Koutsohero and Veria Open Accommodation Sites have participated to the artistic restitutions of the youth.
Between January and June 2021, Terre des hommes Hellas, with the support of Alta Mane, has organized the following activities:
- 5 training workshops (3 days) on the implementation of the “You Create” methodology, targeting 38 people in total (19 child protection professionals, educators, psychologists, Tdh Child Protection Field Officers, and 19 unaccompanied minors and migrant and refugee youth);
- 3 youth-led art projects for Unaccompanied Children and young Asylum-Seekers in 3 Open Accommodation Sites (Veria, Alexandria and Koutsohero);
- 7 Online Induction Sessions on the implementation modalities of You Create, 4 delivered to the Staff of Tdh Hellas Child Protection Team and 3 to different stakeholders operating on the field (Danish Refugee Council, Drop in the Ocean, EODY – National Health Service – and IOM).