The translation of the book “Do I Have the Right to Tell a Story?” (Anna Mertzani, Apopeira Editions) aims to:
- strengthen and differentiate the art-education activities developed at the PYXIDA Intercultural Center (Athens, Greece);
- launch an integrated collaboration with El Sistema Greece based on the creation of operational and implementation synergies;
- promote children’s rights within refugee communities;
- disseminate Best Practices in the field of protection and promotion of children’s rights;
- raise awareness among children who have lived refugee experiences about their rights and the resulting responsibilities.
- Approximately 156 minors who have lived refugee experiences participating in art-education activities within the PYXIDA Intercultural Center and/or in the empowerment activities of the Young Leaders Programme developed by El Sistema Greece.
In 2023, Greek Council for Refugees (GCR), with the support of Alta Mane, aims to organize the following activities:
- translation, into English and Arabic, of the book “Do I Have the Right to Tell a Story?”;
- printing and distribution of 156 copies (Greek, English and Arabic) to children who participate in the activities developed at the PYXIDA Intercultural Center and/or the Kypseli núcleo (Athens, Greece) of El Sistema Greece;
- cataloging and digitization of the book on the digital educational platform “Thesaurus”.