Strengthening the resilience and coping mechanism of refugee and migrant minors, and promoting their emotional, cognitive, motor development and their social inclusion.
- 4 core staff (10-20 additional staff) per year of 3/4 Federal and Cantonal shelters through In-depth Technical Support and Training;
- 2-5 core staff per year of 6/10 Federal and Cantonal Asylum Shelters through Creative Activity Support and Training;
- Approximately 300 Child asylum-seekers and refugees per year, in Federal Asylum Shelters;
- Approximately 30 Child asylum-seekers and refugees per year, in Cantonal Asylum Shelters.
In 2020-2022, Save the Children Switzerland
, also with Alta Mane support, aims to develop and implement the program “Supporting Refugee Children in Switzerland: Child Rights and Protection in Swiss Asylum Shelters”
, a holistic program for the protection and promotion of the rights of children on the move, located in the collective Federal and Cantonal Asylum Shelters in Switzerland. More particularly, this program foresees the following main activities:
- To support asylum shelters at Federal and Cantonal levels in equipping and setting up a functional Child-Friendly Space;
- To replicate and scale the Creative Tool Kit and Activity Box and make it available to Federal and Cantonal asylum shelters and other organizations in the field of childcare;
- To coach the Shelter Staff to autonomously run Child-Friendly Spaces, to develop and implement arts-based pedagogical activities that are tailored to the needs of the minors in asylum shelters by means of the Creative Tool Kit and Activity Box;
- To train focal persons to oversee the Child-Friendly Spaces and ensure that quality childcare and protection standards are upheld;
- To strengthen the advocacy, enhance networking and share best practices in the field of child protection and child rights in the asylum and migration sector.
Save the Children’s
ambition is to assure that every child – especially the most deprived – is protected, provided with a good quality basic education and receives health services so that they can optimally unfold their potential. The child rights organization has been having a positive impact on the livelihoods of children around the world since 1919. In Switzerland, the organization has been active since 2006. Alta Mane supports Save the Children Switzerland since 2016.